This is a great value for a comprehensive first aid kit for spider bites; tick, bee, wasp, hornet, and fire ant stings; as well as splinters, thorns and minor cuts. It comes in a hard plastic case with a handle and slots for mounting. It also has a rubber gasket and double latches for protection from moisture and insect entry.
Purchased separately, the contents of this Spider Bite First Aid Kit would cost $40-50.
The kit contains the following:
- Black Drawing Salve -- large, 2 oz, jar of slave with Activated Charcoal as well as other botanical ingredients believed to reduce infection and inflammation and aid healing (Bentonite Clay, Lavender Oil, Aloe Vera Concentrate, Calendula Oil, Tea Tree oil (Melaleuca), Gotu Kola Extract, Plantain Extract, and Vitamin E Oil) excellent for spider bites (e.g., brown recluse or black widow spiders).
- Magnifying Tweezers -- stainless steel, 6X magnifier with pouch for easier removal of ticks, stingers, splinters, thorns and other small bodies. Especially good for those of us over 40 who need a little help seeing tiny objects close up (also good for threading needles, tying flies, repairing electronics, etc).
- Spider Bite Relief Wipes -- box of 10 disposable wipes , pre-saturated to provide temporary relief from pain of and to help prevent infection in spider bites and other insect bites and stings, as well as scrapes and minor burns. Contains 2.0% Lidocaine HCL.
- Triple Antibiotic Packets -- box of 12 first aid ointment packets to prevent infection in spider bites, stings, minor cuts, scrapes and burns. Contains Bacitracin, Neomycin, and Polymyxin-B, the same ingredients in name brand Neosporin.
- Instant Cold Pack -- for relief of pain and inflammation often seen with insect stings and spider bites from brown recluses and black widow spider.
- Extra-Large Bandages -- box of 6, with light flexible woven adhesive fabric and non-adherent pads (4.5 X 2 in). Excellent for applying a Black Drawing Salve regiment.
- Regular Adhesive Strips -- box of 16 sterile, latex-free bandages (3 X 1 in).
- Gauze Pads -- six, medium, sterile pads (2 X 2 in).
- Absorbent Sponges -- six, small, 4-ply sponges (2 X 1 in).
- Applicator Swabs -- six swabs.
- Antiseptic Swabs -- four, 2-ply toilettes.
- Specimen Jar -- small, transparent jar for collecting spider suspect in spider bites. Used to later compare the insect to photographs on this website or to show to a medical professional.
If purchasing four or more kits, contact us about quantity discounts.